The Oasis Curriculum
At Oasis we strive to achieve exceptional education at the heart of the communities we work in; using cutting edge educational research into the science of learning (including memory and character development) we aspire to develop active citizens and lifelong learners who have a strong understanding of the world around them and a desire to drive positive impact locally, nationally and globally.
We're really pleased to share with you the Curriculum Statement of Intent. This is a core document, outlining these aspirations for both primary and secondary aged children, and what we are doing to get them there.
Please click on the image below to open an interactive document which explains the intent of our curriculum. Use the navigation tabs at the top and the back and next buttons to move through the document once open.
We want our children and young people to:
- Be inspired to improve the world around them.
- Have the ambition, skills and expertise to thrive in a fast changing, interconnected and communication rich world, with the confidence and technical expertise to thrive.
- Have a network that supports them.
- Be comfortable in who they are and able to continuously explore who they are becoming.
- Be rich in language with a passion for learning.
- Seek to include others, be other-centred and celebrate difference.
- Have a values approach to life and a sense of what is right and wrong through the lived experience of the 9 habits.
In Foundation stage we use the Early Years Foundation Stage profile and work with the children assessing the 7 areas of learning, communication and language, personal social and emotional development, physical development, literacy, numeracy, Understanding the world, Using materials and Being imaginative. We have a particular focus on developing children’s communication and personal, social and emotional skills. This year we will be learning through various topics; Are we there yet, Magic and Sparkle, Winter Wonderland, Down at the bottom of the garden, Traditional Tales and Splash. We explore our learning both inside and in our outdoor provision, gardens and allotments.