School of Sanctuary
In September 2007, Sheffield became the first ‘City of sanctuary’ It’s aim is to build a culture of hospitality for people seeking sanctuary in the UK and create a network of places throughout the country, which are proud to be places of safety for people seeking sanctuary and helping them integrate into their local communities.
Here at Oasis Academy Watermead we are very proud to be Sheffield’s first’ Schools of Sanctuary’ The Oasis ethos permeates everything we do and it includes
- A passion to include everyone
- A desire to treat everyone equally, respecting differences
- A commitment to healthy and open relationships
- A deep sense of purpose that things can change and be transformed
- A sense of perseverance to keep going for the long haul
We place a strong emphasis on safety and inclusion and are passionate about welcoming children regardless of their background, faith or race. We are unique, we are community, we are inclusive, we are relationships, we are hope, we are future, we are Oasis.
Please click on the following link to find out further information on the School of Sanctuary - https://schools.cityofsanctuary.org/