Wrap Around Care
At Oasis Academy Watermead we work hard to help our young people flourish whilst at school with us. For some that means going that extra mile and providing wrap around care. Through school led initiatives and partnerships we hope to support our students through whatever difficulties they face, whilst encouraging a healthy lifestyle.
Sport and PE
Arches School Sport Partnership Programme for 2017/18
The core values of the programme are: -
- Learning for All
- Achievement for All
- Self Esteem
It is based on the following set of principles: -
- A belief that that participation in high quality PE and Sport is valuable in its own right because of the specific educational outcomes and the personal, social and health benefits.
- Sport is a very effective means of engaging young people in their broader learning, by raising aspirations, providing motivation and promoting behaviours that lead to higher levels of attainment across the full range of school subjects.
- A belief that every child in Sheffield deserves equal access to high quality PE and Sport leaning environments and programmes that are inclusive, safe, challenging, progressive and enjoyable. These opportunities should be embedded in the school curriculum, be available as out of school hours provision and in the community.
These opportunities should:
- Have clear educational value
- Be inclusive and easily accessible to all children
- Encourage aspiration and achievement
- Inspire and motivate
- Provide a varied menu of activities
- Value participation regardless of ability
- Encourage and support progression to higher levels of performance as appropriate
- Provide opportunities for competition and various levels
- Encourage positive personal and social values such as teamwork, self-esteem and self-awareness
- Promote responsibility as a citizen and develop leadership
After School Provision
Many of our after school clubs link to healthy lifestyles. These have included Tag Rugby, Netball, Athletics and Gymnastics.
Health and wellbeing
The academy has good links with other professionals such as school nurse, speech and language service, hearing and visual impaired service and many others. Please get in touch with your class teacher or the academy if you would like to discuss what services we can work with to help your child.