Healthy School Meals
At Oasis Academy Watermead it's all about good food and balance. We know that if you eat more healthily, this has a positive impact on not only growth but cognitive development. Therefore we do our best to ensure that each of our young people is eating a nutritionally balanced meal whilst at school with us.
Children in KS2 are allowed to bring packed lunches from home, please click here to read our healthy food policy and examples of a healthy lunch boxes.
School meals are charged at £2.30 per day per child. Please contact the academy for more information on how to pay for your child's school meals.
Sodexo: Five Foodie Days Menu
At Schools by Sodexo, we are proud of the food we serve at your child’s school. We take health and wellbeing seriously: we know that good nutrition is vital in helping your child reach their potential. We also know that school meals must appeal to young people. That’s why our Five Foodie Days menu has been designed specifically for, and in consultation with, primary school-aged children across the UK. It offers a modern, fresh approach to school food by introducing five theme days:
1. Planet Earth Day: offering plant-based foods to meet the growing interest in eating more non-meat dishes to be kinder to planet earth.
2. Street Food Day: offering dishes inspired by high-street trends, because pupils tell us they want a more exciting and grown-up menu.
3. World Food Day: exploring foods from a different country, because pupils tell us they like to try new flavours from around the world.
4. Originals Day: offering classic and familiar dishes, because pupils tell us they still love their familiar and favourite foods such as roast meals and curries.
5. Favourite Friday: offering a range of popular dishes such as fish and chips.
Click here for more information >>>
Healthy Eating School
We are currently working towards achieving healthy schools status. There is a designated member of staff taking the lead with this initiative.